Friday, February 22, 2019

The Progress You Don't Think You Are Making

Even though it looks like you are still stuck and not making progress, apparently, you are.

I found myself going round and round because I could not get the tech link to work for me.

And, even with multiple emails back and forth and resetting the password, and all the steps, it turns out, I actually never did.

However, the threatened meltdowns never happened, over and over again.

Even though I am dealing with the information transfer in another way, it is OK.

My progress is not technological, but it is emotional progress.

And I am happy with that.

My uncertainty with how to deal with the updates in technology happens every year.

And every year, I find some way to handle getting the data where it needs to be.

The actual progress is the lowering of my anxiety level.

That is really strong progress.

The work I have been doing on remaining and regaining my sense of calm, is absolutely working.

It is even leaking out around me.

I was able to get help with some of the data analysis from the other party for the first time.

There were no meltdowns on the part of anyone.

There was attention and support every step of the way.

Tackling certain required yearly chores is becoming more possible with less disturbance.

The healing and progress is taking form in noticeable ways despite the tangled technologies.

It is just happening on a different front.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment