Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Quilters Are Doers

I visited a wonderful quilt shop today, Quilt Country in Lewisville, TX for the Wednesday “Sit and Sew”.  When I got there, it was crammed full of quilters, sewing machines and fabric.

Since I needed a place to pin-baste my quilt, one of the workers had someone clear off a table in the bosses office for me to use.

I felt very taken care of.

Later in the morning, one of the ladies was able to move into a smaller spot, and I was able to move into the more visible area where I could visit with the other ladies as I pinned my quilt.

In our chatting, we agreed that quilt shops are such happy places.

There are beautiful colorful fabrics with amazing quilts samples hanging on the wall.

The artists who design the fabric create so much beauty and harmony.

One person shared that she and a friend were setting up their booth with the help of a friend who is a clinical psychologist.  The psychologist  noted how happy all the quilters were who were visiting the booth.  It was like a different world for him.

Quilters are also doers.

The number of quilts given in service to help support women’s shelters, child advocacy, dresses for little girls in Africa is astounding.

The giving and doing attitude taking place in such uplifting surroundings with the contributions of fabric designers, pattern creators and classes creates great community.

People share ideas and help refine their skills.

Even when someone is dealing with a personal situation, there is lots of experience and support  in a group of women which includes moms, grandmothers and great-grandmothers. 

Imagine working in a place that feels so good, creating beautiful things all the time.


© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment