Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My Viewpoint is Not Everyone's Viewpoint

My viewpoint is not everyone else’s viewpoint.

My viewpoint is shaped by my values and my life experiences.

So is everyone else’s.

I find I am always amazed by the wide range of opinions, life experiences and the resulting viewpoints.

It is truly amazing that we, as a society and culture, agree on any thing at all.

Even then, we each have our own viewpoint about what we agree on.

I found I was troubled by what I thought was going on with someone else’s viewpoint.

And then I remembered, it had nothing to do with me.

Everyone can pull together their own impressions of any event, circumstance or situation and come up with something that is totally their own.

It doesn’t  have to work for anyone else.

I know that what I put into an experience is always shaped by my life values.

How it is interpreted is shaped by other people’s life values.

All I can do is deal with what is front of me at the time using the resources that I have cultivated.

Then, I can recognize my efforts, and either celebrate or resolve to do better.

That is all that is required.

Oh, and I can forgive myself for not knowing more than I know.

Then it is time to go on to the next event or project and prepare for that in the best possible ways.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment