Monday, June 23, 2014

Be a Beginner

Do not be afraid to take on something new.

What is the risk?

Do you have something you want to learn or do?

It is different being a beginner as an adult, but it is worth cultivating the beginner frame of mind.

One of the people I know who is a beginner is my husband.

Although he has lots of experience in many areas, he is not afraid to tackle new projects which require new skills.  

Some of them turn out fine and some need tweaking as they go along.  

But he is always moving forward.

I am also a beginner.  

I find it fun “to jump off the edge” into something new.  

I love learning new things either through workshops, reading, or just teaching myself.  

It lets me appreciate the experts.

Starting something new puts me in a different frame of mind.  

It is refreshing.  

Sometimes I have to scramble to figure things out.  

Being a beginner lets me enjoy many new worlds.

© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment