Friday, September 6, 2019

Getting in Touch

I am meeting myself for the first time.

In so many ways, I am just getting in touch with who I am along with my right to exist.

I am discovering a new way to live after carrying around “hidden drivers” from an abused childhood.

In little ways, I am standing up for myself.

Although I did not know it, by taking up the space I am entitled to, I am just beginning to live without fear.

It has been my choice all along, but, first, I had to know I was safe.

I no longer attract bullies.

I am appreciated and respected in new settings of my choice.

The places and people I enjoy and appreciate find my company charming and desirable.

We find common ground in the things we love to do.

Gradually, my feeling of safety is expanding.

I am able to go places and do things which were out of my range before.

I am able to find the things which nurture and interest and excite me.

I am able to participate without fear.

I am welcome.

I am living in a new world where being in touch with what I love allows me to live more completely.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment