Saturday, August 13, 2016

Small Commitments

Honoring small commitments will bring unexpected benefits.

Ahead of a quilt guild meeting, I ordered some cotton clothesline to make a basket.

At the beginning of the meeting, I found I had what I needed to work on a different project, so I decided not to get the clothesline.

Later, during the meeting, I realized that I had made the commitment to buy it, and even though the guild member said she would be able to use it, I decided to follow through on my commitment.

I didn’t use the clothesline for  that project, but I did need it to set up the brake for my weaving loom a couple of months later.

I was grateful that I had what I needed in what turned out to be ahead of time.

I have no idea what other specific things have been made convenient for me by honoring my small commitments.

Some, I suspect, have to do with repeated practice.

I know the benefits I have received in music from honoring lots of small commitments while learning to play an instrument well.

I am finding the long-term benefits in honoring my small commitments in spiritual practice.

Honoring small commitments can become a really good habit.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage
Inspired Practices - FB


No comments:

Post a Comment