Sunday, August 21, 2016

Intensity and Laughter

I was in a very intense mode, as I processed various things that were happening in my life.

I became aware that this process was making my body very tense, and that it was not a healthy line to pursue.

After a short conversation with my husband, resulting in a continuity of tension, (which he had nothing to do with), I changed course.

When he commented, I cracked a pun.

That set us both to laughing, which, of course, broke my tension.

I have decided that, although some things may be as true as it is possible to be, they are not worth thinking about.

I can move myself into a place of happiness and laughter, and as trite as that may sound, it is actually a very wonderful practice.

If I have a choice about what to think about, and I always do, I can choose the happy thing.

At one recent point in my life, I was up against a situation which I could not affect in any way whatsoever.

I was finally given a message.

Anytime I thought about it, I was to chant “gratitude, gratitude, gratitude” to myself.

I found I was able to do that.

After another couple of months, there was a change in the situation which I did not initiate.

When I think about it at all, I chant the message back to myself, and I am able to go on with whatever I need or choose to do.

That is freeing, but I enjoy the laughter even more.


© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

Inspired Practices - FB

No comments:

Post a Comment