Monday, October 7, 2013

Emotions From the Past


The emotions of the past rise up, triggered by a memory or an association.

Even though the memory is from the past, a renewed association may trigger it.

However, I am no longer at the mercy of past associations.

I have new, pleasant and enjoyable experiences with support from friends, colleagues and current associates.

Even though the triggered emotions are just as vivid as when they were a fresh experience, I am able to calm myself by remembering the steps I have taken to establish productive and positive relationships in new settings.

I am able to dissociate myself from the trigger and just look at its results.

I have successfully walked away from the abuse of past associations.

i can walk away from the memory of them, as well.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment