Monday, March 4, 2013

Inward and Onward

Now, when I feel pressured by someone else’s well-meaning opinion, I know it is based on their experiences.

Before, I used to think I had to comply because of their “position” or forcefulness or their conviction that they were right about my life.

During a visit to an Al-Anon meeting, I found myself reflecting on the fact that I had not given my children as much freedom as I could have because, apparently, I was not ready to trust the fact that they were getting guidance from God the same as I was.

I find that same reflection validated in feeling/listening to someone else’s opinion of my life.

They are not trusting me to the path that is being given to me to follow.

But, I am learning to trust me to that path, even though it is different.

I am learning to feel refreshed and invigorated as the creative juices flow from many sources within me.

When my creativity was limited and redirected by whatever assignment, or institution, or opinion in the past, I would sigh inwardly, make the temporary adjustment to placate the outside observer, and restrain myself.

No more.

The ideas flowing from within have the validation that they exist.

For themselves.

For me.

For anyone who can truly see them.

Not for correction for drift away from...where?

The only standards that are valid are from the infinite creative source within.

I have yet to see it run dry.

It has its own innocence, its own simplicity or complexity, whatever the inward occasion demands.

It is fulfilled simply by being.

Those who need to see it, can, and those who don’t need to, simply cannot.

Those who love it, will find more and more and more of it.

Those who don’t, never were meant to.

I have yet to turn away from it.

I will not delay.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment