Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Path and A Viewpoint

Apparently, I am going on a path that is completely different from any of my children, or either of my parents, or grandparents, or any relatives that I am aware of.

I know that everything I have received from any of them or learned from anyone else has guided me to where I am now.

I guess I just didn’t realize how individual “individual” really is.

I know that my path reflects my viewpoint from all the things that have happened to me.

I know that everyone else’s path reflects the viewpoint from all the things that have happened to them.

I remember watching a documentary about children who were left on the street to take care of themselves.

A man had started a home for them, but was very careful about the children he recruited.

As a former child of the street himself, he knew that there were as many different viewpoints there as there were children.

He was careful only to bring into his particular project, those children who were not angry or bitter.

Even though they had every right to be angry and bitter, some of them had managed not to follow that path.

Those were the children he felt he could help most effectively because they had managed to create a different viewpoint for themselves despite their experiences and surroundings.

I am learning to create a different viewpoint for myself despite my experiences and surroundings (which were certainly much less harsh than the children in this documentary experienced).

I also value the people and the experiences that lifted me up and helped me along my path.

I forgive myself and everyone in my past.

We all dealt with things the best we could at the time with the resources we had.

Who knows what put us where we were at those times in the past?

I am innocent.

So are they.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment