Monday, March 18, 2013

New and Lasting Good

What’s good is good, what’s bad is finished.

When you keep pouring in more and more good, the bad is diluted more and more until it really has no lasting effect.

I am amazed to be able to write this, but it is true.

Since May of 2000, when I discovered the incest that had been the hidden “driver” in my life, it has taken until now, the spring of 2013, to recognize the effect of all the good stuff that I have been pouring in since then.

I am to the point that I simply don’t care about all the long-term negative things that resulted from that long-term trauma of long ago.

What I am able to care about now is all the light and good and positive experiences I have been able to attract since then.

What I am able to care about is the effect of my discovery, of how to bring more good into my life, on the people around me who were also struggling with the long-term effects of early trauma in their lives.

I think that is a pretty good return on my efforts.

It is certainly worth the deep study and desperate craving for another direction.

I have heard of this happening to other people, but truly it is an amazing thing.

I can see where the old practices which were driving my life would have taken me.

And I got off that track.

I have a new practice and it is having very good results.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment