Monday, November 12, 2012

New and Renew


On the way home, I realized I needed a little lift, and so I found myself singing one of the little songs I had written for myself at the beginning of my serious spiritual study.

“Happiness is...being me.
Happiness is...being me.
Happiness is...being me.
I’m O K.”

And it brought my thought back into an uplifted mode.

I had to keep working at it to keep myself there and I decided that it is alright when that happens.

It is still so new to me to have any control over my own happiness.

To be able to take myself there and to know how to work to maintain it is fabulous.

It is better than living with the negative imprinting from early childhood and reaping those rewards.

It is worth the work and it is so wonderful to know how to do the work of staying happy.

So I sang my little song again.

“Happiness is...being me.
Happiness is...being me.
Happiness is...being me.
I’m O K.”

New and renew.

It was a good discovery and it is still a good practice.

© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com



No comments:

Post a Comment