Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Honoring My Desires

When you don’t do what you want to do, you are not honoring yourself.

Voluntarily giving up what you want to do says that your desires are not important.

It is different to help arrange activities making sure I do what I want to do.

It is a different feeling to place myself where I place everyone else.

I don’t spend time and effort on comforting or compensating myself.

I get what I want done.

It isn’t left for later or sometime in the future.

I am looking out from the top of my life, not the bottom.

I am not scrambling to get more done because I took care of everyone else first.

With my needs and desires in the mix, it is a much more balanced atmosphere.

Everyone gets taken care of, but not at my expense.

I breathe more easily.

I am ready to arrange, not tackle, the next day of activities.


© 2011 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment