Thursday, August 17, 2017

Every Day a Healing Day

Every day of calm is a day of healing.

I have learned not to get too excited, either through happiness or sadness.

It can trigger an emotional level of overstimulation which leads to pain and the remembrance of trauma.

I used to feel that I had to become strong enough or accomplished enough to overcome my pain and PTSD.

Now, I feel relieved to know that the more I keep myself in a state of calm, the more I am healing.

I allow myself time to heal when old memories trigger unbearable pain.

I respect the time it takes to bring myself back into a feeling of well-being.

I am compassionate toward myself and I no longer bury nor trivialize the pain.

I respect my power and what it took to diminish it.

I respect how I am being helped and guided to build it up to much more than it was when I was a helpless child.

I can do this for myself.

I can comfort and protect and love and nurture that child within me.

She is worth it.  I am worth it.

We are precious, she and I.  We are one.

And I am calm once again.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment