Thursday, February 19, 2015

Withdrawing From Anger

The most pervasive emotion I ever experienced was anger.

There was so much anger in my family, that this was the emotion I found affecting the majority of my life.

When it came to light, it was almost comical.

I had been studying the Book of Virtues in order to share some of its ideas in my songs for pre-schoolers.

Very early in the list of virtues is abstaining from anger.

There was so much unnoticed anger in my life, hidden as harsh criticism, that it made me mad, (I am not kidding), to read about this virtue.

I quit reading the rest of the book for a year and a half.

In fact, I gave it away, and had to reorder a new copy to continue my study.

What I have noticed, as I began to rigorously and consistently displace anger with appreciation and calm, is that certain health issues have ceased and desisted.

My diet has changed, because I have been able to notice the effects of certain food practices which also heightened my discomfort.

I am pursuing a different life career instead of trying to calm myself down in order to get through the one that was chosen for me.

I have sought out what really makes me happy, and found opportunities for service as well as developing a new product line.

I no longer get as impatient when I dealing with various circumstances or people, because I can feel the effects of even this tinier kind of anger.

I am grateful to be happier, more fulfilled, and pleasanter to be around, I can tell you.

It is a relief to me and to the people who love me anyway.


© 2015 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment