Thursday, October 23, 2014

Holiday Definitions

Do not let the holidays tell you who you are, or who you are not.

Each day has good messages for us if we look for them in the right place.

The good messages come to us from within.

When we can sit quietly and regulate our breathing gently, the noise of our and other opinions will die away.

Then we can hear the quiet and the peace which let us feel who we really are.

We can step outside at a gathering to do this.

We can do it before a gathering.

Most challenging - and I am really working on this - we can do it during a gathering.

I am finding an image which sometimes comes to me in the quiet of this meditative process - a very good thing to call to mind.

That seems to give me back my own presence of mind, instead of reacting to the swirl of emotions around me.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment