Monday, November 4, 2013

What There Is Of Me


What there is of me is formed for a spiritual purpose.

When I listen deeply, I can hear it.

I can feel it.

It is not shaped by this world, although it may take shape within it.

It has a different shape than the one I learned in order to prepare myself to have a job and to raise a family in this world.

The spiritual purpose shape comes to me in a different way.

Through listening.

Not through training and college courses.

Not through experiences, whether they are good or bad.

Through listening alone, I am given my purpose and the way to carry it out.

I don’t exactly know how to describe this, except to say it is a feeling.

When I listen, I get a feeling and then something comes to mind and I do it.

Or something comes to mind and I do something entirely different from what I thought I was supposed to do.

Anyway, it just happens.

And things happen around me, outside of me.

Things adjust.

Suddenly, I am assigned a new location.

Unexpectedly, the plans I had for that new location are changed and I have to do something else.

The new something else takes me off in a completely different direction.

And there I arrive.

Exactly where I am supposed to be.

Able to fulfill my spiritual purpose, which looks like a job in a location, but it is completely different.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment