Tuesday, February 19, 2013

On Being Yourself


 

I have just read about the “Multiplicity of Living Patterns” in Christopher Alexander’s book, The Timeless Way of Building.

He describes how the inharmony in one pattern causes imbalance in the next and the next and so on.

When we find the balance in being ourselves, it contributes to the harmony in us, and in all the situations and people we encounter.

I experienced this in the simplest of all acts, that of planning my day.

As I mentally listed what I wanted to do, I found that it was all in the wrong order.

When I rearranged the order, there was no conflict.

While I was trying to make it work, I had so much tension going on in my body, I could not make it go forward.

When I rearranged the order, all contingencies were covered, and my body relaxed.

I can’t tell you all the times I have overridden my feelings in order to carry out a prescribed course of action.

After reading Christopher Alexander’s observations, I realize that it is not just a convenience to feel good and calm about how I go about things.

It has a domino effect on everything that follows after.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com



No comments:

Post a Comment