Thursday, August 2, 2012

Not Worth Caring For

 


It all boils down to this.

If we are confronting the issues of being loved, cherished and adored, then sometime long ago, a deep impression was made that we were not worth caring for.

I am so grateful for all the work and study that has bought me to this point.

I had no idea it was bringing me to this.

But I am relieved to have finally arrived so I can confront this horrible lie.

The people who told me this are 1) dead and, 2) wrong.

I guess it makes them dead wrong.

I have been learning.

I have been learning that I love me.

That it is valid to be me.

That it is valid to feel the way I feel.

That my opinions about things are valuable.

I value them.

And I am worth something.

I have been exploring what it is I actually like.

And I have been doing lots and lots of those things.

It would have been a more direct path under different circumstances.

But, nonetheless, it is happening now.

That is good enough for me.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment