Thursday, August 2, 2012

Compliance and Desertion



I won’t be deserted when I don’t comply.

All the anxiety at the base of everything I do comes from an overwhelming sense that I must comply in order not to be deserted.

And yet, I can no longer comply.

I complied as long as I could.

I can no longer sacrifice who I am or sacrifice my purpose.

And of course, I was never meant to.

I have just had to discover that for myself, through the layers of torture and obedience.

The layers I added to “Bloom where you are planted”.

Discipline.

Excellence.

Persistence.

But all born of compliance.

Now, it has to flow or I simply can’t do it anymore.

Now, I give myself permission to look only toward my creative genius which always flows.

Now, I give myself permission to use all my tools, new and old, to let my view flow.

Now, since I am unable to move in any direction other than my own.

I am owned by my creativity.

I am owned by my innocence.

I am owned by my expression.

And no one can take it from me.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment