Sunday, March 18, 2012

Permission Slips


You can live any way you want to.

You can choose how you want to live.

When I found myself starting lots of projects and not finishing them,

When I found myself living in a disorderly setting,

When I found myself needing more creative time,

When I found myself wanting to do things, but not being able to,

I realized I needed to give myself permission to do these things.

My husband came up with the idea of Permission Slips.

He asked me for a list and I am sending it to him.

As I wrote the list, I wrote it as...

    “I give myself permission to do the first project.”

I was very specific about each project.

Some of the projects were crafts I had started.

I listed the first one specifically.

Some of the projects were for house cleaning.

I listed only one.

Some of the projects were keeping track of business receipts.

OK, I listed three of those.

Some of the projects have many parts to them.

I listed the first step.

It calms and comforts me to know I can take the next step on one thing and enjoy making progress on it.

I will share with you the ongoing results.

I feel uplifted by this approach.

I like giving myself permission and also being supported by my husband in this fun way.

It will be exciting to see what he designs for me.

Please join me in giving yourself permission to do things you want to do and share your “Permission Slips”.

We can be quite artistic in our designs.

We can support each other in giving our permission to live better, more complete lives.


©2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment