Monday, March 5, 2012

I Am Whole, You Are Whole


When I was overseas, studying music, I had to do spiritual study in order to have the strength to operate on the high level that was demanded of me.

After several months of spiritual study along with the music practice, I was led to study “humility”.

In the course of that study, my eyes were corrected, and although I had worn glasses for over three years, they adjusted instantly.

Although several years later, I began to wear glasses again, I have always remembered that healing through my study of “humility”.

I have recently been introduced to a new idea of humility through reading the thirty-ninth verse of the Tao Te Ching.

Wayne Dyer’s explanation in his book, CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS-CHANGE YOUR LIFE-LIVING THE WISDOM OF THE TAO, describes humility as “Living Wholeness”.

This is a new view of wholeness for me.

I had been used to the idea of completeness.

The new idea introduces the idea that humility is being part of the whole.

In order for me to be whole, I must function harmoniously in my part.

That fulfills my role in the world.

When we each consider ourselves to be part of the whole, we are led to do our part well and not to compete or disengage or disrespect anyone else’s part.

We want to support each one being able to do their part well.

That is what gives each of us wholeness, supporting one another in doing well, as we do our part well ourselves.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment