Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Meditation, First


Letting my meditations shape my day is new.

Before, I would meditate to find the answer to some problem.

That worked, and still does.

But I am finding that, long term, my spiritual study and meditation are changing my life.

They are shaping my life completely.

I still use the tools of my former occupation, and I am retraining and learning new skills.

But the motive behind what I do is being uplifted and refined and expanded.

I am finding that the principles that I thought I was using to change my life are principles that are, of themselves, transforming it.

So my list is different.

My priorities are not what I have to do to take care of others.

They are transformed into what makes me deeply happy, what takes care of my soul, my expression.

That was not my original goal, only because I did not know better.

Naturally, living from deep satisfaction and happiness, what I do for others is more effective, too.

I would not have known how to explain this nor to achieve it.

It is the meditation, first, over a period of time, that has made me aware.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment