Monday, April 23, 2018

Staying in My Own Mind

Sorting out the confusion over the trauma of early childhood has taken some time.

Interpreting which thoughts are the ones I choose rather than the ones I was taught has taken additional effort.

I am learning that the mind I choose to cultivate as mine is happy and creative.

I am creative whether I am happy or sad, ecstatic or depressed, so I choose the positive version.

I have my own feeling of calmness, so I can notice the contrast when disruption approaches.

I have my own self-respect, so I notice the difference.

I have my own goals, which I love completing.

I love my friends who enjoy the same kinds of activities I do.

There is a consistency to me.

It is okay to be visible.

It is fun to get together and learn and share things in my many craft and homesteading skills groups.

As a matter of fact, I enjoy my life and living in my own mind.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment