Saturday, April 28, 2018

A Gardening Solution

I was disappointed to find out that a couple of glass panes had been broken out of my cold frame at the back of the garden.  I had been “cooking” a new compost pile during winter and would not be able to continue adding to it as planned.

I knew there was a solution for my situation and I began preparing to access it by not getting mad.  I always include the whole neighborhood when I do my spiritual work.  It includes the high school students who walk back and forth to school and home, people who drive by, anyone passing by who comes to thought.

After a visit to a nearby antique mall, I saw an old window similar to the one I used for my cold frame.  That started a train of thought where I realized I could remove the cold frame and let the composting process take its course.  In a year or two when the bacteria have fully digested the compost, I can screen it and filter out the glass.  That way, I do not have to worry about getting glass shards in my hands, nor getting glass in the compost mix.

I was grateful for the solution and for not wasting much time on frustration or anger.  I cannot control other people’s feelings or actions, but I can learn to make my own time more and more productive.  This was an opportunity to do so.

I also realized I can take care of many of the items in my garden as they exist and add the next steps to what I have.  Making a list helps me appreciate the abundance of my new starts and aware of the attention I can pay to last season’s plantings.

I can enter a new era of gardening by building on my beginner’s knowledge and adding to it.  
So many old and new friends have gardens and share their experience and plants generously.  I am grateful to be able to expand my garden again this year.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

www.lovedcherishedadored.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment