Monday, September 14, 2015

Consciously Loving

I just love driving around the small town square when we drive in from way out  in the country.

I love going to the library, the post office, the bakery and the farm store.

I love waking up with all the green trees around the meadow.

I love the sound of the winds through the leaves and how the sounds change.

I love the scents that greet me when I open the gate to our land.

I love the different scents as they change at night.

I love the new skills we are required to learn to live more comfortably.

I love to watch the line of the sun as it climbs up the east ridge until it is too low to create a shadow.

I love to watch the leaves fall and reveal more and more of the land that climbs the ridge behind the trees.

I love to watch the deer cautiously venture onto our meadow.

I love the fact that bluebirds made decorative nesting boxes on a cedar bench into their own dwellings.

I love the seeing the passage of time through the seasonal changing of wild flowers.

I love feeling cozy in my cabin when it rains and hearing the different pattern of raindrops on the roof.

I love being close to Nature and feeling enveloped in Its tender care.


© 2015 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment