Saturday, March 28, 2015

My New Version of Me

Seeing things more clearly is sometimes hard.

It is good to get clarity, though, and be empowered by it.

I am grateful for my progress.

Sometimes, though, the progress reveals more of the lies that have been holding me back, and it is painful to see them.

While they were hidden and I was struggling, I just thought that was my life.

Now, I know that I was gaining the strength to see them and to see myself as separate from them.

I am so very grateful for the creative work that has always made me happy.

I am grateful that that is where I always turn when I want or need to be happy.

And, of course, from cultivating it for so long, under every kind of condition and in every circumstance, the ideas flow constantly, continually.

I just have to tap into them.

I am glad to be finding my own direction.

Even though I can utilize the training that I had, I am still finding my own voice in new ways that I actually love, rather than finding excellence through just being very disciplined and obedient.

I love my new expression.

I respect the fact that I am a beginner.

I have taught lots of beginners, so I know to be compassionate and patient with myself as I develop in a new field.

I am going slowly and quietly, but still I celebrate myself.

It is hard to emerge in a different field as a beginner.

However, instead of technique, I am finding joy.

Instead of obedience, I am finding sincerity.

I am being non-judgmental instead of critical.

I am being very accepting of my new tentative steps.

I like taking them and I like what they reveal about me.

I like discovering the real person that I am, not the version that someone else made, and I really like me this way.


© 2015 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment