Saturday, February 10, 2018

Different Forms

Blessings come in different forms.

For me the most powerful ones are the steps I take to free myself from emotionally-imposed limitations.

The trauma left over from early childhood into my teen years leaves me with many hidden triggers.

For instance, when I want to try something new, I still sometimes feel my mother’s anger at my ability to find things to do which were out of her control.

I remind myself that these feelings are only a memory and that I have the right to do the things I want to.

I have been blessed lately with an approach by grace, by which I mean, an unexpected opportunity to follow through on something I want to do has effortlessly come into my life.

It may be a trip out to my land to pick up supplies, when I found my gate was locked by the landowner behind us.

I was able to drive to where I had phone service and ask for it to be taken care of right away.

I chose to be confident, as it was my right to have access to my land.

I was able to be polite, but strong, and the situation was taken care of graciously within the hour.

It may be a desire to try out a new cooking technique.

I was concerned about how to do it, and kept finding myself putting it off.

Finally, the thought came to me that it would be nice to have part of the leftovers for a dish I had just made.

Without thought, I got out what I needed and took the required steps.

As the process commenced, I realized I had been effortlessly, gracefully, provided with the opportunity to follow through on something new I desired to do.

I am so grateful for how our inner Guidance connects us to the Universe which blesses and frees us in so many ways.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment