Saturday, November 26, 2016

I Have My Own

Even though who I am was so deeply hidden from me through the long-term effects of child trauma, I have found myself.

I have released the things which were imposed on me and found the things which truly mean something to me.

While I kept trying to figure out why I belonged nowhere, my mind was constantly in a search mode to find where I did belong.

This has happened in a combination of both gentle and radical ways, and I have found a good fit which is constantly expanding.

The old associations are tough to deal with, so I spend as little time as possible in them.

My new associations are, like my new self, gentle, non-judgmental, accepting and supportive.

Things make sense to me from this viewpoint.

They fit.

I fit.

I do have what belongs to me.

I have my own.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment