Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Standing Firm Against the Neurons

As I change my behavior patterns consciously, I notice that I have a very powerful adversary.

My neurological response pattern is being challenged.

I find that I have to stand quietly and tell myself that it is OK for me to have a good time.

It is OK for me to have the best that is available.

It is OK for me to enjoy my life.

There is a very powerful habitual response that was built up when I was prevented from doing the things that I wanted to do or things that I would have enjoyed.

It has been so deep for so long, that I simply got used to withdrawing from activities that didn’t meet the minimal standards which used to be enforced around me.

I developed a rich inner life, which is fine, but it is also good to be involved with high quality materials in enjoyable ways.

The big factor was recognizing the disruptive biological patterns which kicked in.

The next factor has been picking up on that more and more quickly.

I find that a terrifying block has been removed from my life.

I am still battling the neurons when I say that I am looking forward to doing certain things, but I can still feel that it is safe for me to say that.

I am building up the habit that it is OK.

It will take practice.

However, I am used to building up my skills in many other ways, so I know I can just keep practicing.

The neurons will eventually shift and support me in my new habit and direction.

It has been a very uncomfortable challenge, but the alternative finally became unbearable, so I am doing it.

I am glad to have this situation revealed and to be working on it.

© 2015 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment