Sunday, December 2, 2012

Getting Myself Back in Balance


 

The past has such a dangerous pull for me.

I have had to learn to rewrite long-term habits of thought.

I am now experiencing an entirely different kind of life, for which I am most grateful.

It is hard, though, when something triggers from the past.

And there I go, right down Old Habitual Lane.

Well, I have new habits, and these are the ones I have chosen for their beauty, support, joy, and purpose.

So these are the ones I consciously practice now.

I am pleased with how fast, ( within a couple of hours), I got myself back in balance.

Today, I have taken two active steps when I have felt myself misinterpreted or falling into past habits.

I now know how to make corrections so as to be understood clearly, and also to continue on the path of my choice.

I am grateful for the knowledge.

I am grateful for the strength.

I am grateful for the freedom.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment